Fibrefrog

Sunday 11 March 2012

Catching up on what's been happening on the allotment

Well, we have now had the our first 1/2 allotment since Sept 2010, it took quite a lot of work to put into action, but both myself and Derek have enjoyed every minute of it, here are some pictures to catch up on the 2010/2011 growing season.

Then onion bed and Mange tout & bean frames

Derek enjoying the Sun

Cuddly carrots! and the whole plot early in the season the photo taken 23rd may 2011
The Rhubarb and our little wildlife Pond.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Those carrots are amazing! I really want to grow my own vege- but I live term time in london (shared garden) so its not ideal… how easy is it? lovely blog btw!

Fibrefrog said...

Hi Louise,it's quite easy really, the reason why my carrots were hugging each other I think was because my soil was too fertile, but I quite liked the way they looked, you should give it a go, I even sowed some chantenay carrots in a window box on my patio at home and they turned out great too, that way they are portable!
Have fun
Nina