Fibrefrog

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Shropshire

I have started to prepare my piece of Shropshire fleece, It's an 8th share(i think) in a fleece that Spindyeweavers fibre group bought to share. I have soaked it in cold water for a few days then washed it with some Unicorn power scour. I'm now in the process of carding it by hand, it seems quite a short fibre and has little nupps in it, it's difficult to tell which part of the sheep I have, I'll carry on regardless though, I seem to be discarding just as much as I have carded.
Well, I have a basket of rolags (150g) that are ready to spin, they look just like lambs tails, so lovely, I hope my spun yarn will look and feel just as nice.

3 comments:

Shani said...

I am back with fleece again at the moment. Forgotten just how lovely it is...

Looking forward to your "results".

hugs
Shani

The Sassy Spinner said...

So far I have only washed the Shropshire, but I am well into carding and spinning the Romney. I am surprsed at the amount of waste!

Fibrefrog said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.